With a new day comes a new anxiety. We struggle everyday to find peace within ourselves and we mentally and physically fight our stressors out. We’ve been doing this for a long time and even though we survive every night, we are confronted with another problem every day. Can we truly win this war with our minds? Of course, we can. By setting some safe havens within ourselves and making it a habit everyday, we can be peacefully happy and productively carry on with our life.
- Take a few minutes everyday to realize what you already have and be mindful and grateful. It’s the simple things that count and be proud of what you have already achieved. Breathe deeply and unplug and you’ll easily notice these things that truly matter.
- Take some time to blog or journal about your feelings and struggles. Writing is a form of therapy and pouring everything out helps to make you feel at ease. This also allows you to reflect on what you have been through and help you realize the things you need to change in order to be able to obtain that positive life.
- Drink some coffee or tea. Coffee actually improves your energy levels and can boost your mood. It is a mild antidepressant and it increases your Dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate emotional responses. Tea is also awesome for your health. It has less caffeine than coffee and it reduces cortisol levels which is the stress hormone.
- Read a good book or browse through one chapter everyday. Make this a habit and you’ll gain new knowledge and mindsets to what you have read. Drown yourself to new stories and be mindful of each words. It can help you a lot as this takes your mind off your troubled thoughts.
- Take a walk outside. Just take a break, walk and notice your surroundings. This will ease your mind and give you a fresh perspective. Sometimes when you’re drowning yourself into the work week, just the act of stepping your feet outside can help you realize that the world is vast and your worries are just tiny dots you can survive at.
x o x o